Watch A Souped-Up Lawn Mower Set A New Speed Record
The Honda mower made its historic run under the watchful eye of Guinness World Record adjudicators at the IDIADA Proving Ground in Tarragona, Spain.
Powered by a 109-hp, 1000cc engine borrowed from the company's VTR Firestorm sport bike, the Mean Mower destroyed the previous record by 28mph.
In order for the mower's top speed run to be eligible for Guinness, Honda had the Mean Mower make two identical runs in both directions within the period of an hour.
Each time, the mower would fly through the same 100-meter-long speed trap, with the final recorded speed being the average of the the two runs.
According to the automaker, the Mean Mower's prowess does not end at the race track. Honda says its Mean Mower is able to tackle the untamed wilderness that is the suburban lawn at 15mph, which it claims is twice the top speed of the average mower.
Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that Honda will ever put the custom Mean Mower into production. However, if it ever does, it will surely be the baddest mower on the block.
See the Mean Mower in action here:
- Hackers are using a new fake chatbot trick to steal your data — here’s how to keep yourself safe
- Google's Imagen can use text to make images, paintings, CGI renders using AI — here are some pictures
- New India Assurance net profit drawn down by huge operating loss in the health insurance segment
- LG’s rollable OLED TV finally debuts in India, priced at ₹75 lakhs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction