We scouted the homes of the top tech executives, and they all live in this San Francisco suburb for the 1%
Scott Olson / Getty Images
The celebrities of Silicon Valley live private lives. We don't know much about them outside of the mega-companies they lead, though it's fun to speculate on the shoes they wear, the restaurants where they feast, and their comings and goings at Burning Man.
One thing's for certain: many of the rich and famous tech executives come home to the same zip code.
Public records reveal that Silicon Valley billionaires including Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen, HP CEO Meg Whitman, and Google chairman Eric Schmidt reside in the idyllic suburb of Atherton, California. In 2016, it was the third priciest zip code in the US, according to Forbes.
I recently spent the day in Atherton scouting the homes of top tech CEOS.
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- Twitter sued by advisory firm for not paying $1.9 mn as Musk deal fees
- Artist recycles e-waste from banks into 10-ft-tall statue
- Nine of top-10 firms add Rs 1.88 lakh cr in m-cap; ITC biggest gainer
- India biggest exporter of vaccines, mobile phones: Union Minister Thakur
- 'Waste to wonder' park coming up in Agra