We tried IHOP's new breakfast sandwiches to see if they stack up to the McGriddle
IHOP breakfast sandwiches? Doesn't seem out of the ordinary. But what if the bread was replaced by pancakes or waffles? That's where the Pancake Sliders and Ultimate Waffle Stack come in. We went to an IHOP location to see how the new menu items stack up to McDonald's McGriddle. Following is a transcript of the video.
Do IHOP's new breakfast sandwiches stack up to the McGriddle?
Marisa: Hey guys, it's Marisa!
Jen: It's Jen!
Marisa: And we're here at IHOP because they have these new breakfast sandwiches.
Jen: They're supposed to be an all-in-one breakfast deal.
Marisa: I'm excited to see what they'll taste like.
Jen: Let's see how they stack up.
The internet can't stop talking about them.
Jen: OK, so we are now seated at IHOP and we're going to look through the menu and see what is in it.
Marisa: It looks so good.
Jen: It smells really good.
Marisa: Everything here looks so good!
Here's what's inside:
Ultimate Waffle Stack
sweet maple glaze
cheddar Belgian waffles
six slices of bacon
silver dollar buttermilk pancakes
scrambled egg omelette
Jen: This fulfilled my expectations. I think this is really good. How's yours?
Marisa: Mine is ... it's good ... but it's really salty. I don't really taste the syrup. With the McGriddles at McDonald's, the syrup is all within it. It's infused within the sandwich. This is like a hint of sweetness, but not extremely sweet.
Jen: I want to put some syrup on this guy.
Marisa: Me, too. Mmmmm! This tastes way better with syrup! This tastes like a McGriddle.
Ultimate Waffle Stack
Jen: OK, definitely for the sandwich, it was super good without it, but when you add that extra syrup, it just elevates it. Overall, you have the saltiness, you have the richness from the cheese, you have the crunch from the waffle. Definitely what fell short was that maple glaze. It's like you coughed maple onto the sandwich.
Signature Pancake Sliders
Marisa: With syrup, everything was elevated. That s*** was bomb. I love the McGriddle from McDonald's. I think I said that like seven times here, but with maple syrup, this tastes so good. It was like ooey, gooey, very messy, but delicious. I think that if there are McGriddle lovers out there, like me, you should give the pancake one a try.
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling