What Apple Is Planning To Change On Your iPhone When It Launches iOS 8
The ability to automatically erase message threads and the removal of the game center app might be some of the rumored features embedded in the next update to Apple's mobile software.
One intriguing addition to the next version may be inter-app communication. Essentially, this would enable apps to share data and communicate with each other. It would become easier to do tasks like editing a photo and then immediately publishing it on Facebook or Instagram. Currently, iPhone users typically have to take the photo and manually share it into one of these apps.
Gurman mentions that an API (application programming interface) for this feature had been in development for years and was supposed to launch with iOS 7, but ultimately was removed.
To read the rest of Gurman's report, click here.
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal
- 70-plus Indian startups show exit door to 21K techies, more pink slips coming
- Steps taken in subsidence-hit Joshimath inadequate, declare Himalayas eco-sensitive zone, say experts