What is Income Tax Challan 280 Online Payment
- Challan 280 is meant for paying advance tax, self-assessment tax, taxes on distributed income and profits, regular assessment tax and paying other extra charges.
- It can be submitted either online or offline via banks.
- Challan 280 is an arrangement by the government to gather taxes easily and also provide instant, quick and more convenient ways of paying taxes online for the tax payers.
Challan 280 is meant for paying advance tax, self-assessment tax, taxes on distributed income and profits, regular assessment tax and paying other extra charges. This form can be downloaded easily. It can be submitted either online or offline via banks.
How to make online payment via
For utilizing the online method of paying taxes, the taxpayer must first visit the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website and then choose the Challan 280 payment option.
Individual taxpayers must choose the option (0021) which is meant for paying income tax other than companies. The page will ask you to enter some pieces of information including PAN number, year of assessment, residential address, mobile phone number, email id and others. Select from the different types of tax payment including final taxation for the year or advance tax or self-assessment tax etc.
After selecting the taxation type, you will have to fill in the details asked on the page. Select the bank that will process the payment for you and enter the captcha code before submitting the form and verifying all the entered details. When you submit the ‘Proceed’ button, you will land on the bank’s webpage that will process the payment.
Once you have made the payment successfully, you will get an acknowledgement towards the payment that will also contain the BSR code, serial number of the challan, amount paid, and date of payment.
How to make offline payment via Income Tax Challan 280
If you wish to use the offline method of paying through challan 280, you must first download the challan 280 from the income tax website. In the hard copy of the challan you will have in your hand, fill in the details including the tax amount, year of assessment, PAN, address, email id and phone number. You can pay the tax in the offline mode via challan 280 through any authorized bank’s branch in cash or via cheque. The bank will also give an acknowledgement to the tax payer towards the payment with details including the BSR code, payment date, serial number of the challan and the amount paid.
Important points to note while using challan 280 for tax payment
If you might face any problems or difficulties while using the NSDL website and providing non-financial details, you can get the required assistance by calling the toll free number 1800-222-080.
You can also check the status of the payment via challan 280 by providing the details including challan date, serial number of the challan and the BSR code of the bank.
- IPO rush this week — CAMS, Chemcon and Angel Broking gear up to hit the market
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart