What it's like to live on a £300,000 houseboat in London
To save money on his own London home, Alex Prindiville, CEO of the luxury car company Prindiville Motors, commissioned a team of manufacturers to design a two-bedroom houseboat moored at St. Katherine's Docks, where he lives with his family, for £300,000.
Based on his own home, the entrepreneur launched Prindiville Marine in April 2016, designing custom houseboats - which he calls "floating apartments" - for clients looking for more affordable property.
Developed by a team of 15 manufacturers based in Sheffield, boats start at £300,000 each and come fully furnished, with a supply of gas, electricity, and water. They can also be fitted with propulsion units so proprietors can go on cruises.
So far, the company has designed and sold four boats, making at least £1.2 million. It aims to build a total of 15 boats by the end of its first year.
Take a tour of Prindiville's houseboat to see what it's like inside:
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore