Azim Premji has now set aside $21 billion to charity, 67% of economic ownership of Wipro
- Premji has earmarked all economic benefits for philanthropy, setting aside 34% of
Wiproshares worth $7.5 billion.
- This takes his total contribution to charity to a total of $21 billion, including 67% of economic ownership of Wipro.
- Earlier this month, the
Azim PremjiTrust had sold over ₹26 million Wipro shares.
His total contribution to philanthropy now stands at a whopping $21 billion, including 67% of economic ownership of Wipro Limited.
According to an official statement from the company, the aim is to now scale up the efforts of the Azim Premji foundation.
“The team driving the field work in education is expected to grow significantly from the current 1600 people, while the University will expand to have 5000 students with 400 faculty members across multiple programs. Thereafter, another University in the northern part of India may be set up by the Foundation,” said the statement.
Earlier this month, the Azim Premji Trust had sold over ₹26 million Wipro shares in a block deal.
In its Q3 earnings report, the IT major had reported a 32% year-on-year rise with ₹25.44 billion recorded profit for the quarter that ended on December 31.
Meet the top 10 richest people in India
Wipro formally lists Trump as a potential threat
Wipro invests almost a quarter of corporate venture fund in nine start-ups over two years
Popular on BI
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Review - Is it best Android alternate to iPad Air?
- Mayhem Studios announces a new battle royale game with locations, gangs and other elements depicting India
- Technique used to track ants’ movement might soon help scientists in measuring snow depth from space
- Three senior Twitter employees quit amid ongoing Musk-Agrawal internet war
- Indian CEOs could get the best salary hike in 5 years; and they already make ₹7 crore/yr on an average