Wipro Elevates Anand Padmanabhan As President
With over 27 years of diversified experience, he has been placed a level below
Nearly four years after Kurien was elevated as CEO, Padmanabhan has been promoted as president of the company. As per media reports, it is still not clear if Wipro is preparing Padmanabhan to shoulder bigger responsibilities in times to come.
According to TOI, Saurabh Govil, Wipro, HR head, said, "There will be no change in his role, responsibilities or the reporting structure (he will continue to report to Kurien). This is in recognition of his work."
It is important to note that ENU, which contributes over a $1 billion to Wipro’s overall revenues, has been one of the best performing verticals of the IT firm.
Popular on BI
- Vedanta partners with IIT-B to develop green steel technology
- Balaji Speciality Chemicals files draft papers for IPO
- Abu Dhabi Investment Authority invests ₹665 crore in Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Jio vs Airtel: Which one will offer faster and more reliable 5G services?
- Investing in the times of uncertainty