Woman Allegedly Found A Lizard Head In Salad From Manhattan Deli
A woman claims she found a lizard head in a salad from Manhattan deli chain Guy and Gallard.
Robin Sandusky, a 31-year-old theatrical coordinator, told NBC 4 New York that she found the severed head in a kale salad that she had delivered to her office from Guy and Gallard's Chelsea location on West 29th Street.
"It was the craziest thing," she told the New York Post. "After a few bites, I look down at my fork, and think, 'Oh, is that a piece of asparagus?' And then I saw that it had eyes, and an arm."
She provided several media outlets with a photograph showing what appeared to be a reptile head head on a plastic fork.
Sandusky said she has ordered the same kind of salad many times before from Guy and Gallard.
"I order from them all the time," she told the Post. "The same kind of salad at least every day for the last two weeks, and it's been fine."
Sandusky said she sent the salad back to the deli and she was given a refund.
Guy and Gallard managing partner Jason Jeffries said the company is investigating the matter.
"Guy and Gallard pride ourselves on serving our customers the best and most nutritious food possible," Jeffries said in an e-mailed statement. "We consistently receive good food inspection scores and we are currently looking into this issue. Guy and Gallard will continue to provide our customers with great service."
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- WhatsApp rolls out ability to create avatars on iOS
- One in four users unaware of crypto cybercrime risks: Cybersecurity firm Kaspersky
- Telegram adds real-time message translation in its new update
- Global smartphone revenue fall by 9% in 2022: Counterpoint Research
- Ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai: Pak media