Women activist groups are planning to use drones to deliver abortion drugs in Poland
Women on Waves
On Saturday, several international women's rights groups are planning to use the flying robots to drop abortion pills in Poland to raise awareness of the rigid reproductive laws in the country, according to a press release from Women on Waves, which is one of the organizations involved.Women on Waves said they will fly what it calls an "abortion drone" from Frankfurt an der Oder, Germany to the border town of Slubice, Poland.
Abortion is very restricted in Poland. Women can only obtain a legal procedure in very certain situations such as rape, incest or when a mother's health is severely threatened by going through with the pregnancy.According to Women on Waves press release, flying the drone to Poland to deliver the drugs is legal, as it will only fly about one mile, allowing it to stay in view of the controller, will not fly in controlled airspace, weighs less than 5kg, and is not being used for commercial purposes.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC