Woz's Company Fusion-IO Just Hired The Guy Meg Whitman Blamed For The Autonomy Disaster
Investors are not happy. Shares of Fusion-IO have plummeted this morning and are down 22%.
The hiring of Robison is an interesting move. Robison left HP in October, 2011, about a year before HP CEO
She publicly blamed Robison for the mess and shrugged off blame from HP's board. Whitman was a board member before she became CEO, and she was on the board when HP bought Autonomy. The accusation against Robison upset some HP insiders who had worked with him during his 11 years at HP and respected him.
Robison was also involved in some of HP's biggest mergers including Compaq, Mercury Interactive, Opsware, EDS and 3Com.
Under Whitman's leadership, HP has taken big write-offs on EDS ($8 billion) and Compaq ($1.2 billion).
Now Robison is running arguably one of the most important enterprise storage companies. Fusion-IO makes flash-memory based storage for enterprises and has helped spawn an entirely new market.
Fusion-IO also employs another famous tech personality, Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak.
- ISRO lines up an LVM3, six PSLV, three GSLV launches in 2024
- 10 Natural mouth fresheners for fresh breath all day
- Maruti Suzuki to Hyundai – car makers offer huge year-end discounts to push sales
- Demand for private credit booms in 2023 as funding winter deepens
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones