Xiaomi’s Mi A3 with Android One will launch on 21 August with hopes of outperforming the Mi A2
- Manu Kumarr Jain, the Managing Director for Xiaomi India, has announced that Mi A3 will be hitting the Indian market on August 21.
- Xiaomi’s latest Android One phone has brought back the 3.5mm headphone jack and is armed with a 48 megapixel camera lens.
- The Mi A3 should a considerable upgrade over the Mi A2 and will hopefully do better in the market than its predecessor.
️ 4⃣8⃣MP beast ️ set-up ️ndroid One This is the 'One'! The #48MPAndroidOne will be unveiled on 21st August… https://t.co/owAEANxX9V— Mi India for #MiFans (@XiaomiIndia) 1565677784000
Xiaomi took the Indian market by storm when it launched its first Android One phone, the Mi A1.
The appeal of the phone is two fold. One, since it is a stock Android phone, that means no extra preloaded apps taking up space. And, two, since it’s a part of the Android One program, it gets immediate security and software updates directly from Google.
The appeal of having a smartphone device without any preloaded apps and immediate updates at a budget price had users lining up for every flash sale.
When the Mi A2 launched launched last year, the reactions were more lukewarm than intended. It’s not that the Mi A2 was a bad phone — it just wasn’t much of an upgrade over the Mi A1.
One of the reasons was the absent headphone jack, which is back on the Mi A3.
The trend might be set to change with the Mi A3 hitting the markets in August since the phone shows more promise, augmented with the latest features the company has to offer — including those found on the Redmi K20 and K20 Pro.
As an Android One device, the Mi A3 will receive two years of software updates and three years of security updates. It will be available in three colors — blue, white and gray.
AdvertisementThe phone is also expected to have a triple rear camera setup with a 48-megapixel primary camera lens, an 8-megapixel wide angle lens and a 2-megapixel third depth sensor.
There’s no fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone because the Mi A3 has an in-display fingerprint reader instead.
Xiaomi’s Mi A3 also sports a 6.1-inch HD Plus AMOLED display that has a resolution of 1560x720 pixels. The screen, unlike the current trend, isn’t notchless.
Instead, there’s a dewdrop notch on top that houses the 32-megapixel front camera of the phone.
The display is covered is Gorilla Glass 5 coating to keep from getting scratched or damaged too easily.
AdvertisementThe Mi A3 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 665 processor and a 4,030 mAh battery with support of 18W fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi A3 expected price
The Mi A3 has already been launched in Spain at a price of 249 Euros, which translates to ₹19,000 for the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage model. The higher model, which comes with 128GB of storage, costs 279 Euro (₹21,500).
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer