Yahoo won't hold an earnings call next week as concerns grow over the Verizon deal
"Due to the pending transaction with Verizon, Yahoo will not have an earnings call or webcast for its third quarter results," the statement says.
The news comes a day after Verizon's legal team said Yahoo's unprecedented hak of at least 500 million accounts is a "material" event that could affect the acquisition. Verizon said the burden is on Yahoo to prove that the hack wasn't a material event.
Verizon could use the hack to reduce the price of its $4.8 billion purchase of Yahoo or argue against buying Yahoo altogether.
Not holding an earnings call means Yahoo can avoid questions about the hack and the Verizon acquisition from analysts.
- Key investors move NCLT against Byju's rights issue, firm says yet to get any petition
- Samsung launches new fitness tracker Galaxy Fit3 in India
- Jio Financial Services' shares hit 52-week high; mcap hit ₹2.2 lakh crore
- Climate-smart villages to come up in Tamil Nadu to protect state's agriculture against climate change
- iQOO Neo 9 Pro vs OnePlus 12R – which mid-range phone should you buy?