Yes, Apple just killed iTunes - here's what that means for your library of music, movies, and TV shows
- Apple is nixing the iTunes app in the next version of its Mac software, it announced at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference.
- With macOS Catalina, the contents of iTunes will now be split up between three apps: Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple TV.
- Here's what will happen to your library of music, movies, podcasts, and shows.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
It's official: iTunes is dead.
Apple announced on Monday at its annual Worldwide Developers Conference that the standalone iTunes app will be killed off when the company rolls out its new software for Macs this fall.
Under macOS Catalina, as the new version of the Mac operating system is called, Apple will nix iTunes in favor of three apps: Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple TV.
For die-hard iTunes users - the people who have been storing music, movies, and shows in there for years and have an extensive library built up - this might sound scary. What will become of all your stuff?!
Don't worry - it probably isn't going anywhere. Here's what Apple is planning for iTunes in macOS Catalina.
Apple Music will become the home for all things, well, music.
The Apple TV app is coming to the Mac.
Apple Podcasts will now be a one-stop-shop for all your podcasts.
There's one more crucial change involving iTunes coming in macOS Catalina.
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet