YouTube's biggest star, PewDiePie, apologizes for using the n-word: 'I'm just an idiot'
YouTube's biggest star, Felix "PewDiePie" Kjellberg, has apologized for using a racial slur during a livestream on Sunday.
"I'm really sorry if I offended, hurt, or disappointed anyone with all of this," he said in a video Tuesday morning. "Being in the position I'm in, I should know better."
During a live broadcast of a survival game, "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds," on Sunday, Kjellberg said, ""What a f-----g n-----! Jeez! Oh my god! What the f---? Sorry, but what the f---?"
Though Kjellberg usually archives his livestreamed broadcasts on his YouTube channel following their broadcast, he didn't archive the Sunday video and didn't say anything on social media or on YouTube - his main form of communication - in the immediate wake of the uproar.
The video he released on Tuesday, titled, "My Response," is a brief clip - far shorter than his usual work at just one minute and 35 seconds. It doesn't feature any of his usual humor, instead focusing on his apology for using the word "n----r."
"It's not that I think I can say or do whatever I want and get away with it. That's not it at all - I'm just an idiot," he says in the video. The full video is right here:
Get the latest Google stock price here.
- Toyota was right about hybrid cars all along
- The youngest son of Asia's richest man is getting married, and the pre-wedding event features Rihanna, a 9-page dress code, and live animals
- Check out some of the best and most daring looks at Ambani's pre-wedding bash — from Rihanna to Mark Zuckerberg
- Impact of AI on Customer Service
- Bengaluru cafe blast: Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah to chair meeting with top police officials today
- India retains full policy space for benefit of farmers, fishermen at WTO: Goyal
- Sensex, Nifty settle at new closing high levels in first part of special live trading session
- Passive Income Streams