Zion Williamson missed a massive reverse slam that could have been his best dunk of the entire season
- Zion Williamson - the high-flying, rim-pounding Duke freshman who is widely expected to be the first pick in the 2019 NBA Draft - has taken the world of college basketball by storm with his ridiculous dunks.
- In a Tuesday night contest against the Boston College Eagles, Williamson nearly posted the dunk of the season with an attempted reverse slam that ricocheted off the rim.
- The Blue Devils won 80-55, but fans will have to wait until Duke's next lopsided matchup for a chance to see Williamson actually complete the dunk.
- Check out the video below:
If Duke freshman Zion Williamson is known for one thing, it's his dunks.The 6-foot-7, 285-pound power forward has taken the world of college basketball by storm with his high-flying, rim-pounding slams.Advertisement
They're so ridiculously impressive, in fact, that even his misses can send Cameron Indoor Stadium into an absolute frenzy.
Tuesday night, the Blue Devils led the Boston College Eagles by 17 midway through the second half when Williamson intercepted a pass and streaked down the floor in preparation for one of his massive breakaway dunks. But instead of opting for one of his usual slams, the Spartanburg, South Carolina, native attempted a reverse dunk. The ball ricocheted off the rim, but that didn't stop the Cameron Crazies from erupting into cheers. Williamson and his teammates couldn't help but laugh at the gaffe.Check out the full video below:
"Look, he's a human being," Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "He's going to miss. It was pretty hot in here too, and I just think he was sweating a lot."Williamson finished the night with a cool 16 points and 17 rebounds in the Blue Devils' 80-55 win, but fans will have to wait until Duke's next lopsided matchup for a chance to see Williamson actually complete the dunk.
- Read more:
- 5 biggest winners and losers in college basketball this week
- Zion Williamson reveals the 5 NBA fan bases he hears from most on social media
- 'Adam, please don't fine me': Steve Kerr heaps praise on Duke freshman Zion Williamson before comparing him to LeBron James
- Zion Williamson weighs in on the NBA 'Greatest of All Time' debate
Zion Williamson is, in fact, human pic.twitter.com/amCUg7nQqJ- Kyle Boone (@Kyle__Boone) February 6, 2019
- 139 fresh COVID-19 cases in J-K; number rises to 2,857
- Haryana suffers highest single-day spike at 302 cases; 132 from Gurgaon alone
- Businesses in APJ able to manage 64% more data: Dell report
- Apple tracks iPhones stolen from its stores during US protests
- HDFC offloads shares of HDFC Life worth over Rs 1,274 cr