Zomato just shut up a bigoted customer in less than ten words
Food doesn’t have a religion. It is a religion," said Zomato shutting up a bigoted customer over religious views.
- Deepinder Goyal, CEO and founder, supported the move by saying, "We aren't sorry to lose any business that comes in the way of our values.
Food doesn’t have a religion. It is a religion. https://t.co/H8P5FlAw6y— Zomato India (@ZomatoIN) 1564549240000
A customer canceled his order after he found out that the Zomato delivery boy wasn't Hindu. He resorted to customer care to change the driver or refund the money he paid for the order. However, Zomato denied both.
This is the confirmation https://t.co/BV7QvCwR94— पं अमित शुक्ल (@NaMo_SARKAAR) 1564499834000
Deepinder Goyal, founder and CEO of Zomato, supported the move by saying, "We aren't sorry to lose any business that comes in the way of our values."
We are proud of the idea of India - and the diversity of our esteemed customers and partners. We aren’t sorry to lo… https://t.co/1JMqpSJc2z— Deepinder Goyal (@deepigoyal) 1564549735000
Social media users too came in support of Zomato.
@ZomatoIN Love when big organisations show spine and uphold the idea of India , these are trying times— Roshan Rai (@RoshanKrRai) 1564552859000
This quick post comes as no surprise as Zomato is known for its quirky social media posts. Some of them are on tea, India’s favourite beverage.
zzz ＜⌒／ヽ-､＿ ／＜_/＿＿＿＿／ ￣￣￣￣￣￣￣ *alarm* ＜⌒／ヽ-､＿ ／＜_/＿＿＿＿／ ￣￣￣￣￣￣￣ "chai thandi ho jayegi" ∧_∧ ( ･ω… https://t.co/Tc4fq3w8ty— Zomato India (@ZomatoIN) 1564287411000
Stop scrolling for a moment. Take a minute. Imagine holding a steaming hot cup of chai right now. Mmmm. Okay, y… https://t.co/Bglfgcw9SL— Zomato India (@ZomatoIN) 1564051655000
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again