10 adorable animals that are more dangerous than they look
- Although some animals may appear harmless or even cute, they can be powerful creatures with a potentially harmful or fatal ability to attack others.
- For example, brown bears and polar bears can be fierce attackers.
- Tasmanian devils are also known for being quite ruthless at times.
With soft fur, pretty colors, and big eyes, many creatures can strike humans as cute and cuddly. However, some animals are more vicious than they look. Whether in acts of self-defense or seemingly unpredictable rage, some animals can fight back with strong bites, sharp claws, and sneaky attacks.
In general, you should avoid trying to touch or pet any creature in the wild if you don't know how your presence will influence its behavior. And you may want to be especially cautious of the creatures below.
Here are 10 cute animals that can deliver pretty powerful attacks or carry dangerous diseases, making them more dangerous than you might think.
Male platypuses have poisonous spurs.
Brown bears will attack when provoked.
Wolves have sharp teeth.
Tasmanian devils can burst into fits of rage.
Poison dart frogs are — you guessed it — poisonous.
Kangaroos have claws and powerful hind legs.
Giant pandas have a pretty strong bite.
The slow loris is venomous.
Dingoes can be violent and aggressive when provoked.
Raccoons commonly carry rabies.
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips