14 science-backed ways to sleep better
If you have a few days off over the summer, there's one thing you can do to take care of yourself that will significantly change your life for the better - try to fix your sleeping schedule.
More than a third of Americans don't get the seven to nine hours of sleep a night that the CDC recommends. Some people think they can function on less, but usually that's because the sleep-deprived brain loses the ability to tell when it isn't functioning right after just a few nights of short sleep.
Getting better sleep can change your life in powerful ways. Simple, everyday adjustments may be all that some people require for better sleep, but there are also things that true insomniacs can do to soothe sleep troubles.
Business Insider has reviewed a number of studies and interviewed sleep experts to figure out how to best transform your sleep habits. Here are 14 science-backed tips.
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee
- Byju’s acquires yet another coding-for-kids startup, this time an American one