15 Meaningful Jobs That Pay Really Well
But we've got some good news for you: It turns out there's a third option.
According to a new report from Payscale, there are plenty of jobs out there that offer both a fat paycheck and satisfying work.
Payscale, the creator of the world's largest database of individual compensation profiles, containing more than 40 million today, recently asked 374,000 workers: "Does your job make the world a better place?"
After analyzing job meaning for 453 jobs from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET), Payscale then examined median pay, job satisfaction, job stress, and typical education level for each occupation, and compiled its second annual list of the Most and Least Meaningful Jobs in America.
Katie Bardaro, Payscale's lead economist, says workers in these meaningful jobs are "typically driven by an interest to better society and by philanthropic initiatives, rather than purely money or subject matter interest."
We sifted through Payscale's list and found the 15 most meaningful jobs with an average annual pay of $70,000 or more.
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger
- Key infra sectors' growth slows to 15-month low of 3.6% in January