5 ways getting a promotion made my life harder that I never saw coming
- A promotion at work often brings status, power, and hopefully, a raise.
- But there are often downsides to promotions, including expectations to work longer hours.
- Here are five things that I didn't expect that came with a job promotion.
We often think that a promotion will bring more money, success, and status, but there are drawbacks to almost any promotion.
You may need to work longer hours. Issues that used to be someone else's problem are now yours. Managing people can be tough.
I once received a promotion where I'd manage a new department at a small company. The change brought lots of interesting challenges and boosted my self-esteem, but there were some very hard moments, too. Here are five ways that getting promoted made my life more difficult:
1. I had to go to bat for myself
2. I was working more overtime
3. I didn't get to make my own decisions
4. Coworkers undermined me
5. No one trained me for my new role
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Android 13 is officially here - here’s what’s new and a list of supported devices
- Galaxy Digital terminates $1.2 billion acquisition of crypto firm BitGo
- Markets poised for positive momentum in August as domestic and global inflation eases
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi