5 ways small business owners can close out the year strong
As we reach the final months of this year, it's hard to believe 2016 is almost over. If you're a small-business owner, you might feel as if you're up to your neck in end-of-year tasks: financial reports, payroll, and inventory.
So many things need attention that it can be easy to forget some essentials along the way. To help, here are ways small-business owners can close out the year strong:
1. Last-minute selling
The busiest selling season of the year is here, and you still have a shot at taking advantage of it. Why not plan a last-minute holiday sale or end-of-year sale? Create postcards and banners to promote it and leverage Staples Print and Marketing Services with same-day service for a quick turnaround.
2. Out with the old, in with the new
Start the New Year with new technology equipment. Staples has plenty of deals in this area. Plus, the store has free tech support for 30 days with any PC purchase, which takes the hassle out of setup.
Staples also offers free tech recycling, which should give you the opportunity to clean up the office a bit. Learn more here.
3. Update your marketing materials
New marketing collateral shows your customers you're serious about your business and establishes brand identity. Staples Print and Marketing Services can help you design and print logos, business cards, brochures, and more. Plus, Staples associates can offer guidance on sizes, bleeds, and folds. For more information on Staples Print and Marketing Services, click here.
4. Thank customers
It's the season of giving, so it's great to let your customers know they're appreciated. You can do this by giving away various marketing materials customized with your logo, such as branded desktop calendars and notepads. Even better, gift a padfolio or a box of chocolates for the holidays.
Shannon Harlow, hospital administrator at Virginia Veterinary Specialists, uses Staples to thank referring practices and doctors by creating and mailing holiday cards. Her practice also mails holiday gifts through Staples.
Staples has a full collection of items, and its staff can assist in your search for the products most suitable for your customers.
5. Track your success
As you gear up for the New Year, get ahead by tracking your growth. One of the best ways to do this is by using Staples' Quick Wins app, which lets small-business owners monitor sales as well as website and social-media metrics in a single dashboard on both mobile devices and desktops.
It also features a community board where you can share and seek advice from other business owners.
To start your New Year off strong, download the new Staples free printable 2017 calendars here.
This post is sponsored by Staples.
Find out more about Sponsor Content.
- Slice payments app spies on photos, audio records and call history, says Google
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Tesla is laying off workers who only just started and withdrawing employment offers as Elon Musk's job cuts begin
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India