7 ways to tell if you're talking to a psychopath or a narcissist
Am Psycho Productions
- Researchers and other experts have pinpointed some key behaviors of narcissists and psychopaths in conversation.
- Those behaviors include repeating the same false stories and using offensive language.
- Remember though: Even if you recognize some of these signs in a friend or coworker, you should leave the diagnosis to a mental-health professional.
Generally speaking, you shouldn't walk around looking to diagnose your friends and coworkers as psychopaths and narcissists.
If someone looks over your shoulder while you're talking or seems weirdly distant, there's a good chance they're just having an off day and don't have a pathological problem.
That said, if you notice a pattern of unusual behavior, it might very well warrant more attention.
We looked into the scientific literature and some expert insights to find out the most common conversational behaviors associated with psychopathy and narcissism.
Read on to see if you've noticed any of the following in people you know - or in yourself.
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace