Animal blood comes in 5 crazy colors - but you have to do something gruesome to determine which
Believe it or not, not all blood is red. The life-giving fluid actually comes in five different colors, depending on what animal you're talking about.
The different colors reflect different chemicals in special proteins in the blood called plasma proteins that carry essential nutrients throughout the body. But interestingly, some of these animals don't reveal their true colors until you cut them open. That's because some of the chemicals change color when exposed to oxygen.
Check out this infographic to learn more about the five crazy colors of blood:
Dylan Roach/Business Insider
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips
- Discover the 7 most famous Shiva temples in India you must visit once
- Should you buy the iPhone 15 on EMI?
- Unlocking the magic of golden milk: Top 10 amazing benefits
- Beyond Artistry: Da Vinci's infamous 'Rule of Trees' faces new round of scientific scrutiny after 500 years