Animal blood comes in 5 crazy colors - but you have to do something gruesome to determine which
Believe it or not, not all blood is red. The life-giving fluid actually comes in five different colors, depending on what animal you're talking about.
The different colors reflect different chemicals in special proteins in the blood called plasma proteins that carry essential nutrients throughout the body. But interestingly, some of these animals don't reveal their true colors until you cut them open. That's because some of the chemicals change color when exposed to oxygen.
Check out this infographic to learn more about the five crazy colors of blood:
Dylan Roach/Business Insider
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Earth is losing thousands of species each year, reveals research
- Nano-satellites built by startups augurs well for private sector's future endeavours: IN-SPACe
- Musk reveals Twitter 2.0, says top software aces joining company
- Risk management must be driven by understanding of what is good for corporate: Ex-chairman Sebi
- Government invites suggestions for union budget 2023-24