Animal blood comes in 5 crazy colors - but you have to do something gruesome to determine which
Believe it or not, not all blood is red. The life-giving fluid actually comes in five different colors, depending on what animal you're talking about.
The different colors reflect different chemicals in special proteins in the blood called plasma proteins that carry essential nutrients throughout the body. But interestingly, some of these animals don't reveal their true colors until you cut them open. That's because some of the chemicals change color when exposed to oxygen.
Check out this infographic to learn more about the five crazy colors of blood:
Dylan Roach/Business Insider
- It's too early to tell if Omicron sub-variant BA.2.75 is more severe says WHO chief scientist
- More than half of India's blue-collared employees suffer unequal wage access, earn below ₹15K per month: Report
- Bahubali writer Vijayendra Prasad's nominated to the Rajya Sabha
- Indian taxes on cottage cheese will hit the cottage industry and dairy lovers alike
- Infosys to lead the pack this earnings season while margin pressure will continue for two quarters