EXCLUSIVE:The startup investor at India Quotient reveals the most lucrative sectors for investment
The firm has invested in a diverse set of companies from
ALSO READ: Flipkart retained its number one position during the sale period
With this vision, two startup enthusiasts,
That being said, the venture capitalists believe in investing in the sectors they are passionate about, but not blindly.
Their team has raised two funds so far with both funds performing well where they have Invested in 35 companies in all, out of which more than half have raised follow-up rounds. ‘Our tickets sizes are usually up to $0.5 million where we are leading the first round with 90-95% share’
‘ We are rooting for mobile first tech-enabled consumer-focused businesses because India is at an inflection point of breeding a mobile-first generation. With over 220 million unique smart phone users – and fast growing Internet penetration, entrepreneurs today have the opportunity to capture a large market segment swiftly, as long as their business offers sufficient value for the end consumer’ Sinha comments.
On upcoming sectors, Sinha talks about fin-tech, education, healthcare being the sectors to look out for and online first brands and marketplace models are where the buck stops. ‘We are also hoping to find an agricultural based startup which caters to the needs of most Indians.’
AdvertisementFrom being optimistic futuristic to being rooted and focused, India Quotient knows how to pick them, early and fast; like the startup ecosystem itself.
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life