I celebrated Holi at Radha and Krishna's villages and it was breathtaking
Holi, the festival of colours is best experienced in the villages of Nandgaon and Barsana, both situated at a few distance from Vrindavan. Nandgaon is
The festival begins on asthmi with ladoo-leela at Barsana ands continues for the next two and a half days.
The menfolk play Holi with women in a way which is extremely vocal about their nature of interest in them. It is not sexual in its approach but it has the rustic element of wooing and teasing.
Have a look at how these two villages celebrate the
(The author, Divya Rai is a professional photographer and a travel blogger. When she is not busy developing beautiful photographs, she writes a travelogue called A Borrowed Backpack)
Popular on BI
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- 8 Must try foods to try in Andhra Pradesh
- 10 Foods to avoid during fever for a swift recovery
- Corp affairs ministry probing Chinese cos linked to loan apps; investigations at advanced stages
- Meet the four astronauts who will steer India's Gaganyaan mission
- Tamil superstar Rajinikanth to collaborate with Sajid Nadiadwala