IIT kharagpur is developing Happiness Index, this is how it will measure the well-being of Indians
The MoU was signed with
IIT-KGP will develop the index and analyse data collected by the state government to assess the level of happiness and chalk out recommendations that can be used to enhance happiness, the statement said.
IIT-KGP will also develop an online screening and assessment system in order to screen and identify suitable volunteers from the database of more than 30,000 people who have offered to be part of the collaborative exercise.
"Very good experience with the state and its leadership team, especially the volunteers who do this work without any payment in addition to their normal duties. Looking forward to some very interesting collaboration," the release quoting Prof Chakrabarti said.
Satinder Rekhi, the patron of Rekhi Centre of Happiness at IIT Kharagpur, who was present at the MoU sign, agreed to provide funding for a District Happiness Centre for Jabalpur, where he studied 50 years ago, it said.
The institute will also develop online courses on happiness through the evaluation system available at the Centre for Educational Technology of IIT-KGP.
Popular on BI
- Here is a list of bank holidays in December 2022
- Financial creditors forego Rs 790.626 cr under insolvency resolution process: CARE Ratings
- Google, Microsoft backed VerSe Innovation sacks 150 employees, cuts pay for employees earning ₹10 lakh or more
- Skyroot Aerospace plans to launch another rocket Vikram-1, in one year
- Rupee gains 8 paise to 81.60 against US dollar