I've used a meditation app loved by Wall Streeters and Olympic athletes daily for the past 8 months and now I can't imagine my life without it
Yu Han/Business Insider
Ever since I decided to try out the guided meditation app Headspace last December after hearing about it on Tim Ferriss' podcast, I've been much more aware of my thoughts and emotions, and with a few exceptions (including a rough day at the airport) I've been much calmer and more collected in times of stress.I've dealt with occasionally intense anxiety since I was 11 years old, so that's an accomplishment.
The company reports it has 8.5 million active users, and this includes Wall Streeters, Olympic athletes, and celebrity executives like Arianna Huffington and Richard Branson. Companies like Goldman Sachs and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have bought package subscriptions for employees. The app is free to download, but a subscription unlocks full access to all of its lessons.After using it for so long, I've gotten to a point where it's become an essential part of my daily routine. Below, I'll break down what it's like to use.
- MPs should put pressure on Centre to include Kerala's demands in central budget:CM
- Final stage of Budget 2021-22 commences with Halwa ceremony
- Farmers' Protest: Local eateries facing tough time due to free langars at Singhu Border
- Venture Capital funding in India hits $3.1 billion in Q4 of 2020, says KPMG report
- A scary proposal to use facial recognition and AI by an Indian state has experts fuming