JEFF WEINER: LinkedIn Doesn't Leak Because We Treat Employees Like Adults
huge earnings beat for the fourth quarter and continuing to rapidly grow. And despite rolling out tons of new features, the company runs an extremely tight ship, with relatively few leaks of privileged information to people outside the company
Yesterday, CEO Jeff Weiner rewarded every employee with an iPad mini to celebrate the company's success.Fortune hosted Weiner at a dinner last night, and reports that he attributes the lack of leaks to
This cycle begins when a company hides things from employees, they have to dig to satisfy their curiosity, resent having to dig, and end up leaking. Then management further restricts information and goes on a hunt for the leakers, making the problem even worse.
According to Weiner,
The base message for managers couldn't be simpler. When people are treated like adults, they're more likely to act like adults.
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19