Leadership lessons from Google CEO Sundar Pichai
AdvertisementHe’s currently Google’s highest paid executive. On Aug 2015, Pichai Sundararajan, better known as Sundar Pichai received $183 million in company stock, which will vest over the next four years.
While Larry Page may still be the CEO of parent company Alphabet, Pichai heads the incredibly important job of making sure that the Google's core businesses work smoothly.
Born and brought up in Chennai, this IITan has led product management for Chrome and Chrome OS, was largely responsible for Google Drive, and headed
He personally convinced co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin that Google should have its own browser. Today Chrome is the most popular browser in history. His ‘substance over style’ attitude made him a hit amongst peers. He has headed the ‘affordable devices’ movement at Google, both with the Chrome OS that powers Google's cheap Chromebooks, and with Android One, the company’s push to make low-cost smartphones for ‘the next 5 billion’ people coming online.
An incredibly humble person at heart, he believes, "It is always good to work with people who make you feel insecure about yourself. That way, you will constantly keep pushing your limits."
Business Insider compiles a list of quotes that offer an insight into Pichai’s understated leadership style:
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day
- R-Day: Traffic islands, roundabouts in Lutyens' Delhi decked up with artistic floral designs