This Little Fish Spits A Stunning Light Show - Why Will Blow Your Mind
They get an unappealing light show in their mouth - one that attracts potential predators and makes the frightened fish quickly spit out these glowy creatures, creating beautiful fishy fireworks in the water (and luckily for the fish, not in their bellies):
This is why the cardinalfish really want to steer clear of their tiny, blue-glowing tank mates. Their bright blue light is the most visible in the underwater environment they live.Many animals have biolumiescent capabilities, so many in fact that experts say it is the most important and widely-used form of communication on Earth.
Lightning bugs, for example, light up to attract a mate. One the other hand, angler fish illuminate the dark depths of the sea to attract both prey and mates, like this monstrous female angler from your darkest nightmares, shown below.
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar