Watch National Geographic's stunning climate-change documentary starring Leonardo DiCaprio
You have to admit, it doesn't sound like must-watch TV: a National Geographic Channel documentary about climate change starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Mixing together the science of our damaged planet and the guy who fought the bear in the movie "The Revenant" seems like a bit of an odd choice.But the combination works. DiCaprio steps into the role of science journalist, interviewing researchers, innovators, and people living in parts of the world where severe impacts of climate change are already being felt. The film trades in charts and jargon for stunning images of climate catastrophes already underway.
The film was directed by the Academy Award-winning documentarian Fisher Stevens (of "The Cove").Stevens told Business Insider that he isn't trying to change the minds of people who are convinced of the myth that climate change is part of some strange global hoax. Rather, he wants to offer children and young people access to science, and give them the tools to fight to protect the planet.
"Before the Flood" will air on the National Geographic Channel at 9 pm ET Sunday, and is available in full on YouTube below.
- PL 2021: Here’s a look at how Punjab Kings vs CSK play against each other
- Goa and Gurugram recorded highest single day of covid 19 cases today
- Wipro fears it may lose its employees to competitors as there is an explosion of IT jobs
- Citibank to exit consumer banking business in India
- Checkout what is allowed and what is not in the new guidelines issued by the Delhi government