What 9 common drugs including caffeine, weed, and booze do to your brain
A puff of this, and the world transforms into a colorful kaleidoscope of dancing patterns and waves of sound; a sip of that, and the muscles in your body relax like jello.
We know different drugs make us experience the world around us in very different ways - and their after-effects are often nowhere near as pleasant as the immediate results they produce.
So what exactly are these drugs doing to the brain to prompt these feelings?
Popular on BI
- Richard Branson's rocket company Virgin Orbit lays off 85% of workforce
- Indian-American Ajay Banga sole nominee to lead World Bank
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a weak note despite positive global cues: Reliance Industries, JSW Energy, Hero MotoCorp among stocks in focus
- Data you share with ChatGPT is not private: So be careful with what you reveal
- IPO demand may pick up in the second half of FY24 after macro headwinds settle