What it's like to have the best job in America right now
- Once again, data scientist ranks as the best job in America, according to employees.
- Business Insider interviewed a data science manager at Glassdoor to learn what it's like to have the best job in America right now.
- Data scientists not only command high salaries, but play a huge role in influencing company decision-making.
According to rankings by job site Glassdoor, the data scientist position has the highest overall job score of 4.8 out of a possible 5. Advertisement
For the third year in a row, data scientist has been ranked the best job in America.
To determine its job rankings, Glassdoor takes into account the average salary of positions listed, the number of open positions, and the average job satisfaction of employees in these roles.
According to Glassdoor, data scientists have an average compensation of $120,000 per year, there are 4,524 job openings, and overall job satisfaction in the position scores a 4.2 out of 5.To find out what it's really like to have the best job in the country, Business Insider interviewed Ling Cheng, a Data Science Manager at Glassdoor.
Why data scientist is the best job this year
What being a data scientist actually looks likeAdvertisement
The main difference between a data scientist and a data engineer
A typical day in the life of a data scientistAdvertisement
Misconceptions about the job
Most useful skills for a data scientist to haveAdvertisement
How to become a data scientist
Advice for breaking into the industryAdvertisement
- Best curved display smartphones in India
- Delhi Govt to contest HC stay on its plan to reserve 80% ICU beds for COVID patients in private hospitals
- Goa to revise home isolation protocol and fees for COVID-19 treatment
- Companies (Amendment) Bill cleared by Parliament – improves ease of doing business, allows direct overseas listing and more
- Rajya Sabha passes 7 key bills in three and half hours, marking one of the most productive days in its history