A look inside the daily life of Oracle's billionaire founder Larry Ellison, who owns almost an entire island and will do whatever it takes to win
Alberto Saiz/AP Images
Larry Ellison likes to win - and he's good at it.
According to Forbes, the tech mogul recently got $5 billion richer over the course of just two days.
Ellison came from a poor background and dropped out of college twice. In what proved to be a true "rags to riches" story, the billionaire cofounded software company Oracle in 1977 and acquired a reputation as Silicon Valley's bad boy in the ensuing decades.
But what does Ellison - whom Forbes estimated is worth $61.5 billion - get up to every day since stepping down as Oracle's CEO in 2014? Make no mistake, the tech mogul isn't retired - he's still the company's chief technology officer and chairman.
Here's a look at the daily life of Oracle founder Larry Ellison:
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- India reports 3,824 new Covid cases
- 77% of young Indians now spend the most on phones, apparels
- Global Pharma recalls 50,000 tubes of contaminated eye drops in US: USFDA
- Former India cricketer Salim Durani passes away aged 88; PM Narendra Modi, Ravi Shastri lead tributes
- India successfully achieves autonomous landing of Space vehicle