- The future of advertising, according to top CMOs.
- Bermuda's ex-leader charged with corruption after allegations of taking improper money from ad agency.
- Facebook passes Trump decision to oversight board.
If this email was forwarded to you, sign up here for your daily insider's guide to advertising and media.Tips, comments, suggestions? Drop me a line at LJohnson@businessinsider.com or on Twitter at @LaurenJohnson.
11 top marketers from General Mills, Pepsi, P&G and others reveal how advertising will change in 2021
- Tanya Dua spoke with top marketers about how the ad industry will change as a result of the pandemic.
- The pandemic has upended the advertising industry and accelerated existing trends like cutting big-budget ad productions and investing more in e-commerce.
- Company statements on hot-button issues reached a fever pitch in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests and is likely to continue.
The ex-leader of Bermuda has been charged with corruption, potentially ending a decade-long mystery about the controversial US ad agency GlobalHue
- Jim Edwards reports that Ewart Brown, the former Premier of Bermuda, was charged with 13 counts of corruption. He denies the charges.
- Prosecutors say Brown took improper payments from GlobalHue, a US ad agency that handled
Bermuda's tourism business.
- The charges also shed light on a decade-old mystery about Brown's relationship with the US ad agency GlobalHue, which handled the government's tourism
- Facebook said on Thursday that its oversight board will review the suspension of Trump's Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- The oversight board serves as
- The board has 90 days to make its decision.
More stories we're reading:
- Ad company Havas hires ex-Vice publisher to launch a new division to help CMOs adjust their pandemic messaging (Business Insider)
- The My Pillow guy is a former bankrupt gambler who made - and might soon lose - millions thanks to a religious devotion to Trump (Business Insider)
- Netflix's push into franchise TV will be essential as Disney Plus prepares a barrage of Marvel and 'Star Wars' shows (Business Insider)
- How Google finally decided to remove Parler after months of flagging the app's harmful content (Business Insider)
- Patreon considers public listing as soon as this year (The Information)