APPLY NOW: Business Insider is hiring a paid breaking news intern
Business Insider is hiring an intern to work with our news team this fall.
We're looking for applicants who are news-obsessed, quick to learn, cool under pressure, careful, and appreciative of our approach to journalism.
This is an important internship that will involve working closely with top editors and journalists across our team.
Responsibilities will include spotting and covering important breaking news stories as they unfold. There will be a mixture of original writing and reporting, as well as setting up wires and syndicated posts.
As for qualifications, a journalism background and experience writing for a news site always helps, as do copy-editing skills and light HTML and Photoshop experience. Knowledge of social media and previous writing experience are both useful, too.
APPLY HERE with your resume, a cover letter, and links to several clips.
Please note that this internship requires that you work in our Manhattan office. Interns are encouraged to work full-time (40 hours a week) if their schedule allows, and the internship can run for up to six months.
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report