Avengers Endgame is set to smash Baahubali’s opening day records
- Avengers:Endgame has the highest occupancy on opening day than any other movie in India.
- The Avengers finale is filling more seats than previous bestsellers Baahubali - The Conclusion, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and Thugs of Hindostan.
- It’s also the top advance-grossing movie of all time for PayTM who saw 1.5 million booking requests.
- Avengers: Endgame is also breaking other records in India by being the first film to screen around the clock in the country.
This means that the Marvel Comics Universe movie is filling more seats than Baahubali - The Conclusion, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo and Thugs of Hindostan — films that have seen the highest occupancy rates in India so far.
For the past five years, hindi movies have ruled the screens with industry analysts citing the lack of movie screens in the country as a barrier to capacity building. But, turnout for these two films seems to void that analysis where 25% occupancy is considered to be the ideal goal.
Even when Baahubali - The Conclusion broke records in India, it’s success was attributed to explosive market for South Indian movies. But, english isn’t local to any part of India, yet Avengers:Endgame prevails.
The demand around Avengers: Endgame reached record breaking levels when the online booking portal, BookMyShow, crashed because of the surge in traffic. Even the Indian government made an exception of the movie to allow screening around the clock, something that’s never been done in India before.
When booking opened last Saturday, PayTM received 250,000 requests a minute and BookMyShow saw a peek rate of 18 tickets being booked per second. For PayTM, Avengers :Endgame is the top advance-grossing movie on the platform till date.
We are treating 1,000 super-fans for First day, First show IMAX screenings. More than half a million people bought Paytm's Marvel and Avengers Pass before the bookings opened. With these Passes, fans can enjoy up to Rs. 250 Cashback and save big on movie tickets.
The phenomenal interest shown by audiences across the country, is a testament of how Marvel fans are so emotionally invested in the franchise and eagerly waiting to watch the culmination of the story and we can’t wait for the massive marvel fans community in India to enjoy this movie.
Avengers: Endgame is poised to be the highest grossing movie in the world with analysts speculating that it has the potential to reach $300 million on its opening weekend.
Avengers Endgame mayhem in India with screenings around the clock as ticket prices hit ₹2,400
The most awaited Marvel movie couldn't escape being a victim of piracy
Brands in India are cashing in on the hype around Avengers Endgame
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Best TKL mechanical keyboards in India
- Buy Premium 2.1 channel speakers for audiophiles
- Best artificial flowers for living room decoration in India
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month