Avengers: Endgame tips Baahubali off its throne in India collecting ₹1.5 billion over the weekend
- Avengers: Endgame is topping the charts in India, making ₹1.57 billion over the opening weekend.
- It was a gradual climb from the opening day where Avengers: Endgame was able to garner ₹530 million, while still lagging behind Baahubali and 2.0.
- Even so, Avengers: Endgame earnings don’t make a big dent in the movie’s $1.2 billion global collection over the weekend.
AdvertisementOn the first day, however, it had garnered ₹530 million ($7.59 million) and was unable to top the charts, coming in third after Bahubali: The Conclusion and, Tamil film, Robot 2.0. By the second day, collections from the Avengers finale reached ₹ 1.04 billion ($15 billion).
By the end of the weekend Avengers: Endgame was able to push through to ₹1.57 billion and lead the Box Office India charts.
But, in the grand scope of things where Avengers: Endgame was able to collect $1.2 billion globally — $300 million from China — collections from India barely made a dent.
Nonetheless, the film has collected 67% more than its predecessor Avengers: Infinity War that collected ₹940 million in its first three days.
The film has collected 67% more than the previous Avengers film Infinity War which did 94 crore nett in its first three days. That was also a record for a Hollywood film which has been surpassed by leaps and bounds.
Round the clock shows have probably help boost the collection rates even in movie halls where prices reached ₹2,400.
Piggybacking on the success of the movie a lot of brands used the opportunity to elevate their visibility on social networks and on other online platforms.
This smartphone company is cashing in on the popularity of Avengers Endgame with a special edition phone
Brands in India are cashing in on the hype around Avengers Endgame
The most awaited Marvel movie couldn't escape being a victim of piracy
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders