Big, beautiful photos of the giant flying saucer NASA is using to send humans to Mars
Instead of transporting aliens across the universe (as portrayed in sci-fi films), rocket-powered flying saucers could send the first humans to the surface of Mars.
At least, if everything goes according to NASA's plans.
Right now, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California is testing its low-density supersonic decelerator (LDSD) project, which includes the test model of an actual flying saucer that will carry heavier loads - including astronauts - to Mars in the not-too-distant future.
- Beyond Artistry: Da Vinci's infamous 'Rule of Trees' faces new round of scientific scrutiny after 500 years
- Sunflower Seeds: A nutrient-packed powerhouse for health and flavor
- BMW iX1 electric SUV with 440 Km range comes to India – checkout performance and features
- Famous Indian personalities who passed away due to heart diseases in recent times
- India's balance of payments shows improvement in Q1 FY24