Priyanka Chopra backed Bumble announces $5000 grant for women entrepreneurs
- Bumble announced a grant of $5000 for women entrepreneurs in India.
- The grant will be awarded to each winner from six countries across APAC.
- Bumble is backed by actress and entrepreneur Priyanka Chopra.
Social networking and
The programme is spread across six countries ( Australia, Hong Kong, India, New Zealand, the Philippines and Singapore) in the APAC region, where a woman entrepreneur from each country will be given the reward to build their businesses.
Bumble is backed by actress and entrepreneur Priyanka Chopra. Differentiating itself in the market, Bumble branded itself as a women-first platform. In the Indian market, the company has said that the number of women on the platform grew twice as faster than men.
“This is about providing opportunities for women entrepreneurs to pitch their best ideas, and we’ll help support them by opening more pathways to success, while also encouraging them to make the first move with their business ventures,” said Priti Joshi, Vice President of Strategy at Bumble.
Through this initiative, Bumble joins a long list of global companies who are focusing on entrepreneurship in India. Earlier, WhatsApp, Facebook and more have organised startup/entrepreneur-led challenges in India. Bumble, globally has over 66 million registered users in more than 150 countries.
Popular on BI
- Moonstruck effect: Nicolas Cage used to get slapped by fans at airport
- As stores remain at ‘heart of business’, retail leasing to hit a 4-year high in 2023: CBRE
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni to Rohit Sharma – Here are the captains of IPL 2023
- Can Thematic Funds Beat Market Blues? Time for a reality check amidst all the noise
- Music to help focus, home design & many tasks that AI can help with