Priyanka Chopra backed Bumble announces $5000 grant for women entrepreneurs
- Bumble announced a grant of $5000 for women entrepreneurs in India.
- The grant will be awarded to each winner from six countries across APAC.
- Bumble is backed by actress and entrepreneur Priyanka Chopra.
Social networking and
The programme is spread across six countries ( Australia, Hong Kong, India, New Zealand, the Philippines and Singapore) in the APAC region, where a woman entrepreneur from each country will be given the reward to build their businesses.
Bumble is backed by actress and entrepreneur Priyanka Chopra. Differentiating itself in the market, Bumble branded itself as a women-first platform. In the Indian market, the company has said that the number of women on the platform grew twice as faster than men.
“This is about providing opportunities for women entrepreneurs to pitch their best ideas, and we’ll help support them by opening more pathways to success, while also encouraging them to make the first move with their business ventures,” said Priti Joshi, Vice President of Strategy at Bumble.
Through this initiative, Bumble joins a long list of global companies who are focusing on entrepreneurship in India. Earlier, WhatsApp, Facebook and more have organised startup/entrepreneur-led challenges in India. Bumble, globally has over 66 million registered users in more than 150 countries.
Popular on BI
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next Chief Minister of Punjab
- iQOO to launch its new smartphone AiQOO Z5 in India soon at ₹30,000
- India may soon reopen its doors for foreign tourists as COVID-19 cases decline in the country
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody