Ather 450X electric scooter launched in India with a starting price of ₹99,000
- The Ather 450X has been launched with an ex-showroom price of ₹99,000.
- It is available with two monthly subscription plans – Plus and Pro.
Bengaluru based tech start-up Ather Energy today announced the launch of its latest electric scooter, dubbed as the Ather 450X in India. This is a premium version of the existing Ather 450.
The Ather 450X will compete with the recently launched Bajaj Chetak Electric and TVS iQube Electric. It comes with several upgrades over its predecessor, including a bigger battery, increased power, range and more colour options.
Ather 450X price and availability
The Ather 450X has been priced at ₹99,000 if the buyer selects the monthly subscription packs. The company has announced two performance packs – Plus and Pro. The Plus plan is priced at ₹1,699 per month and the Pro plan is priced at ₹1,999 per month.
Buying any of the two plans gives you free charging at the Ather Grid points, which are currently available in Bengaluru and Chennai.
The company is also offering the Ather 450X without subscription plans. This brings up the price to ₹1,49,000 for the Ather 450X Plus and ₹1,59,000 for the Ather 450X Pro.
The pre-bookings for the Ather 450X have already begun for multiple cities and the electric vehicle can be booked here. The deliveries will start from July, 2020.
Ather 450X features
The Ather 450X is equipped with a 6 kW electric motor, which is an upgrade over the 5.4 kW motor power of the Ather 450. It has a top speed of 80 kmph and is powered by a 2.9 kWh Li-ion battery that provides a range of 75 km in ride mode and 85 km in Eco mode.
It has an Android interface and Bluetooth connectivity that allows users to receive and cancel incoming calls, control music playback and navigate easily.
Other features of the Ather 450X include regenerative braking, turn-off indicators, in-built 4G SIM support, ride statistics, remote monitoring and reverse mode.
|Model||Price||Battery Capacity||Range||Charging time||Top speed|
|Ather 450X||₹99,000*||2.9kWh||75 - 85 km||NA||80 kmph|
|Ather 450||₹1,13,715||2.7kWh||55 - 75 km||5 hours||80 kmph|
|Revolt RV 400||₹1,29,463||3.24kWh||80 - 150 km||4.5 hours||80 kmph|
|Bajaj Chetak||₹1,07,000||3kWh||85 - 95 km||5 hours||78 kmph|
|TVS iQube Electric||₹1,15,000||4.5kWh||75 km||5 hours||78 kmph|
|Okinawa iPraise||₹1,23,000||3.3kwh||160 km (Eco mode)||4 hours||70 kmph|
|Hero Photon 48V||₹65,464||48 V, 28 Ah||80 - 110 km||5 hours||45 kmph|
|Tork T6X||NA||NA||100 km||80% - 1 hour||100 kmph|
*₹ 99,000 is the starting price if you select a subscription plan. Outright purchase will cost ₹ 1,49,000.
Top electric scooters and electric bikes in India in January 2020
The iconic Bajaj Chetak makes a grand e-comeback with a price tag of over ₹1 lakh
TVS iQube Electric scooter announced with SmartXonnect support
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns