Lotus Cars enters India with Eletre, a luxury electric SUV priced starting at ₹2.55 crore
- British Luxury carmaker Lotus Cars has entered the Indian auto market.
- The company has launched the Eletre, a luxury electric SUV in the country.
- Here’s everything you need to know about Lotus Cars and its first car in the country.
AdvertisementBritish carmaker Lotus Cars has become the latest entrant in the Indian auto market with the launch of Eletre, the company’s luxury electric SUV. This is the first car from the company, which has selected New Delhi for its first outlet.
For those unaware, Lotus Cars has been in the sports car industry since the 1940s and is well known for its high-performance sports cars. Formula One fans will be familiar with the brand as it once had an F1 team and has won the Formula 1 World Championship seven times. The automaker sold its team to Renault in 2015.
Lotus Eletre price in India
The Lotus Eletre has been priced at ₹2.55 crore ex-showroom for the base variant, ₹2.75 crore ex-showroom for the Eletre S and ₹2.99 crore ex-showroom for the Eletre R variant.
The Eletre electric SUV does not have any direct rival in India at the moment, as other electric SUVs such as BMW iX are priced significantly lower.
Lotus Eletre features
The Lotus Eletre is a premium electric SUV features a sporty design, which is on-brand for Lotus. It comes with sleek L-shaped headlights and an aggressive front thanks to the front air dam. It features two vents at the bonnet for air channelling.
It comes with a carbon-fibre, three-stage deployable roof-mounted spoiler at the back. It is equipped with 5-spoke alloy wheels that add to the premium look of the car and comes with connected LED tail lamps.
The Lotus Eletre is offered in two powertrain options and three variants. It is equipped with dual motors and offers a top-speed of up to 265 km per hour.
|Car||Eletre||Eletre S||Eletre R|
|Top speed||258 Kmph||258 Kmph||265 Kmph|
|Power||603 PS||603 PS||905 PS|
|Torque||710 Nm||710 Nm||985 Nm|
|Range||600 km||600 km||490 km|
The Lotus Eletre is a feature-packed car that comes with a large 15.1-inch floating infotainment system, a digital driver’s display and a third display for the passenger. It comes with a 23-speaker KEF sound system, a panoramic sunroof and an advanced driver-assistance system (ADAS).
Multilingual global office calls might soon become easier with AI Live Translate Call
ESAF Small Finance Bank IPO allotment – how to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
Six out of the top ten most selling cars in India in October are from Maruti Suzuki
Popular on BI
- RBI to come up with unified regulatory framework on connected lending
- Zoya Akhtar’s ‘The Archies’ turns out to be a damp squib and nothing like the breezy comic series
- Nifty scales Mount 21,000 as RBI hikes growth forecast
- RBI expects India’s GDP to grow at 7% in FY24; keeps repo rate unchanged
- Exploring the majestic rivers of India: A glimpse into nature's lifelines