From Scrambler and Multistrada to Monster and SuperSport — Ducati is launching 12 new bikes in India, check the launch dates here
- Italian superbike maker Ducati revealed its expansion plans in India and it is gearing up to launch as many as 12 new BS VI-compliant models this year.
- The new offering from Ducati’s stable includes all-new models like Multistrada V4, Streetfighter V4, Monster, SuperSport 950, Scrambler Nightshift with the updated versions BS-VI engines.
- Bookings for the BS-VI Scrambler Icon and Scrambler Icon Dark are now open, which can be made through the nearest dealerships at an initial payment of ₹50,000.
Advertisement2020 has been a tough year for automakers, but it looks like 2021 holds a lot more for not just the manufacturers, but also the biking enthusiasts. Italian superbike maker Ducati revealed its expansion plans in India and it is gearing up to launch as many as 12 new BS VI-compliant models this year.
“For us, at Ducati, the majority of our launches and plans were pushed to 2021 and this year is going to be one of the most exciting years for us, with new launches planned in every quarter,” said Ducati India Managing Director Bipul Chandra.
Ducati saw its launches getting held up in 2020 due to the coronavirus-induced disruptions. However, they got back on track with the launch of three BS IV-compliant bikes in December.
The new offering from Ducati’s stable includes all-new models like Multistrada V4, Streetfighter V4, Monster, SuperSport 950, Scrambler Nightshift with the updated versions BS-VI engines.
In fact, bookings for the BS-VI Scrambler Icon and Scrambler Icon Dark are now open, and can be made through the nearest dealerships at an initial payment of ₹50,000.
These are the 12 expected launches from Ducati:
Source: Ducati and multiple reports
|Bikes||Expected launch date|
|Scrambler 800||January 2021|
|Multistrada V4||March 2021|
|Streetfighter V4||September 2021|
|MY2021 Panigale V4||March 2021.|
|SuperSport 950||March 2021|
|Hypermotard 950 RVE||March 2021|
|Scrambler 1100 Dark Pro||NA|
|Scrambler Night Shift||NA|
|Scrambler Desert Sled||NA|
Ducati is starting its expansion with the roll-out of the BSVI models of Scrambler, Diavel and the new XDiavel in the first quarter of the year. These will be followed by the launch of all-new motorcycles based on the V4 engine platform, including the Multistrada V4, the Streetfighter V4 and MY2021 Panigale V4.
The latter half of the year will see Ducati spice up the super-naked segment with its all-new offering, the Monster, followed by the SuperSport 950 and the Hypermotard 950 RVE.
Ducati would also be resuming activities like DRE Dream Tour, Off-Road Days, Track Days, Individual Racetrack Training Sessions and besides introducing DRE Safety this year, depending upon the prevailing COVID-19 conditions.
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: Petrol price is now past ₹84 in Delhi, over 62% of it is taxes
Photos show how a pro-Trump mob armed with sticks and metal pipes forced their way through police barriers to storm the US Capitol
Popular on BI
- India's domestic air passenger number dips to 97.05 lakh in July
- Best wired and wireless door bell for home in India
- Tollywood actress Lakshmi Manchu makes it to 100 Most Beautiful Faces global list
- Flipkart Ventures invests in 6 early-stage tech startups
- Adidas ties up with cricketer Rohit Sharma for sustainable apparel