Hyundai reveals Exter SUV ahead of launch with 5 trims and expected starting price of ₹6 lakh
Image credits- Hyundai
Hyundaihas unveiled the Exter SUVahead of its launch
- Exter will be available in five trims - EX, S, SX, SX (O), and SX (O) Connect.
- Prices are expected to start from around ₹6 lakh (ex-showroom).
AdvertisementHyundai Motor India has unveiled the first look of their smallest SUV, the Exter. It will be positioned below the Venue in their lineup. Interested buyers can pre-book the Exter by paying a token amount of ₹11,000 either through the company's official website or by visiting a nearby Hyundai dealership.
Engine, powertrain & variants
The upcoming Exter SUV from Hyundai will have a 1.2-liter petrol engine, which is the same as in the Grand i10 Nios, Aura, i20, and Venue models. The power output for the Exter hasn't been disclosed yet, but it is expected to produce similar figures to those of 83hp and 114Nm torque. The engine will be paired with either a 5-speed manual or an AMT gearbox. Additionally, Hyundai has announced that they will offer a factory-fitted CNG kit at launch, just like in the Nios and Aura models, as the Exter shares the same platform and underpinnings with them.
The Exter will be available in five different trims – EX, S, SX, SX(O), and top-spec SX(O) Connect. The top-end variant will likely come with connected car features as standard, as suggested by its suffix.
Hyundai Exter exterior design
The Exter follows Hyundai's Parametric design language, which is also seen in other Hyundai models in India. The SUV features a boxy design, a split headlamp set-up with H-patterned LED Daytime Running Lamps, a contrasting black grille with a prominent chin and a faux silver skid plate.
On the sides, the Exter displays round and slightly flared wheel arches with thick cladding, which contribute to its square appearance. The SUV also comes with stylish, dual-tone alloy wheels, roof rails, a textured finish for the C-pillar, and dual-tone paint options with a floating roof effect.
Rivals and launch timeline
Hyundai's Exter SUV will compete against other models like the Tata Punch, Citroen C3, and Nissan Magnite in the market. The pricing details for the Exter are expected to be announced by Hyundai in late July or early August of this year.
Google launches Passkeys for hassle-free login to Gmail and YouTube without a password - here's how to set them up
Apple’s Safari is the world’s second-most-used and least vulnerable desktop web browser, yet only 1% of Indians use it
Popular on BI
- Seeking nominations for the 2024 rising stars of adtech
- Eli Lilly stock will surge 29% over the next year with its weight-loss drug on pace to do $60 billion in sales by 2030, BofA says
- A millennial who quit her office job to live in a school bus explains what her lifestyle costs and how she makes 6 figures freelancing
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies
- Best drinks for constipation relief and digestive ease
- 10 Reasons why you should opt for plant-based diet