Ola electric scooter sale crosses ₹1,100 crore on second day, here is when the next sale is scheduled
- The Ola S1 and S1 Pro are the company’s first electric scooters.
- Those who had pre-booked the Ola electric scooters earlier were able to make their purchases on September 15 and 16.
- Pre-bookings for the next round of sale are now underway.
AdvertisementSales of the Ola electric scooters, S1 and S1 Pro, have crossed ₹1,100 crore in two days, the company’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
On Thursday, Aggarwal announced that the sales of Ola S1 and S1 Pro crossed ₹600 crore on the first day.
Day 2 of EV era was even better than Day 1! Crossed ₹1100Cr in sales in 2 days! Purchase window will reopen on Nov… https://t.co/tbEK8Ba9ap— Bhavish Aggarwal (@bhash) 1631855294000
“While the purchase window is now closed, our reservations remain open on olaelectric.com and I want to let all of you know that we will be reopening the purchase window on November 1, 2021, just in time for Diwali,” Aggarwal added, announcing the next sale of the Ola S1 and S1 Pro.
“That’s more, in value terms than what the entire 2W [two-wheeler] industry sells in a day! Make no mistake, the age of EVs is here,” he explained.
Earlier, the sale of the Ola electric scooters was scheduled for September 8. It was delayed by a week due to issues with the website.
The company had started accepting reservations for the scooter in July and only the customers who had pre-booked the vehicle were able to make their purchases during the two days.
Ola S1 and S1 Pro price
The Ola S1 has been priced at ₹99,999 and the Ola S1 Pro is priced at ₹1,29,999. Customers can claim FAME II subsidies and additional subsidies based on their state. The subsidies offered for different states can be checked here.
Ola S1 and S1 Pro delivery date
The Ola S1 and S1 Pro will be delivered starting from October 2021. The company has said that the deliveries will be prioritised based on the date of purchase on a first come first serve basis.
How to buy Ola electric scooter S1 and S1 Pro
Ola electric scooter factory will be run only by women, says CEO Bhavish Aggarwal
Here’s what makes the new Simple One electric scooter a worthy Ola and Ather alternative
Popular on BI
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts