Pawan Munjal invests in EV charging company Exponent Energy
- The family office of Dr.
Pawan Munjal, the chairman of Hero MotoCorphas invested an undisclosed amount in Exponent Energy.
- Exponent Energy is an EV charging company that recently partnered with Altigreen Propulsion Labs.
- The two companies have launched an electric 3-wheeler that offers a range of up to 85 km and can be fully charged in just 15 minutes.
AdvertisementThe family office of Dr Pawan Munjal, the chairman of Hero MotoCorp has invested an undisclosed amount in EV charging company,
Exponent Energy is ramping up its battery pack production and setting up 100 charging stations across
Both these companies intend to manufacture a commercial electric 3-wheeler which can be fully charged within 15 minutes. The Reliance New Energy-backed Altigreen is also ramping up its production facilities along with a distribution network.
“This partnership with Exponent will now make us the fastest charging 3-wheeler that offers flexibility and freedom to our customers and helps them earn even more,” Dr Amitabh Saran, founder and chief executive officer of Altigreen said in a statement.
One of the main issues that commercial electric vehicles usually face is slow charging, which makes it difficult for companies to adopt them in their business.
85 kms on a single charge
The 3-wheeler will be equipped with an 8.19kWh battery pack developed by Exponent Energy. The companies claim that the vehicle will offer a range of up to 85 km on a single charge.
The battery pack ensures long battery life and consistent performance even at 50-degree Celsius, the press release said. Exponent has said that the e^pump or charging network delivers 600A of power, which it claims is fifteen times faster than the industry standard.
“For all of India to go electric, EVs need to charge faster and last longer. Our e^pack and e^pump make this possible with 15-minute rapid charging and 3,000 cycle life warranty,” said Arun Vinayak, the CEO of Exponent Energy.
Top cars sold in India in July 2022
Best upcoming electric and hybrid cars in India in August 2022
Auto sales data July 2022: Maruti and Toyota post strong growth in sales while MG Motor and Kia decline
Popular on BI
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires