TVS launches new iQube electric scooter in India – here’s how it fares against the Ather 450X and Ola S1 Pro
TVShas announced an updated iQubeelectric scooter in India.
- The iQube electric scooter has been announced in three variants.
- Here’s how the new iQube electric scooter fares against the Ather 450X and the Ola S1 Pro.
AdvertisementThe electric scooter segment is rapidly increasing and leading scooter maker TVS has announced an updated iQube electric scooter to take on the likes of Ather 450X and the Ola S1 Pro which are among the top electric scooters at present.
TVS launched the iQube electric scooter earlier and the new updated version comes with an improved design, better range and other improvements.
In this post, we look at what the
Starting with the price, the TVS iQube has been launched in three variants – iQube, iQube S and
The iQube and iQube S have an on-road price of ₹98,654 and ₹1,08,690 in Delhi. TVS has not revealed the price of the top-end iQube ST yet. We expect it to be priced around ₹1,25,000 to ₹1,35,000.
In comparison, the Ather 450X has an on-road price of ₹1,38,006 and the Ola S1 Pro is priced at ₹1,10,149 in Delhi.
Battery and range
One of the first things that come to our mind when we hear about an electric scooter is its range.
The iQube and iQube S are equipped with a 3.4kWh battery and are claimed to offer a 100 km range on a single charge. Both the scooters can be fully charged in 4 hours and 30 minutes.
Coming to the iQube ST, it is equipped with a larger 5.15kWh battery pack and is claimed to offer a range of 145 km on a single charge. The scooter can be fully charged in 4 hours and 6 minutes.
The Ather 450X is equipped with a 2.9kWh battery pack and is claimed to offer a 116km range.
AdvertisementThe Ola S1 Pro is equipped with a 3,97kWh battery pack and is claimed to offer a range of 135 km.
All three variants of the TVS iQube are equipped with a 4.4kW electric motor that is capable of taking the scooter from 0 to 40 kmph in just 4.2 seconds. While the iQube and iQube S offer a top speed of 78 kmph, the iQube ST offer a top speed of 82 kmph.
Meanwhile, the Ather 450X is equipped with a 6kW motor that takes it from 0 to 40 kmph in 3.3 seconds. It offers a top speed of 80 kmph.
On the other hand, the Ola S1 Pro is equipped with an 8.5kW motor that takes it from 0 to 40 kmph in 3 seconds and offers a top speed of 115 kmph, way ahead of its rivals.
The TVS iQube is equipped with a 5-inch TFT screen and the iQube S and ST offer a bigger 7-inch touchscreen. The three variants come with the company’s SmartXConnect and Alexa Assistant built in.
AdvertisementThe scooter offers live vehicle tracking, geo-fencing, crash alerts, reverse mode, anti-theft alert and more. The display can be used for navigation and notification alerts, music playback and more.
The Ather 450X features a similar 7-inch touchscreen that can be used to navigate, accept and reject calls and play music.
The Ola S1 Pro also offers a 7-inch touchscreen, allowing users to navigate, track notifications, play music and more.
Elon Musk dashes hopes of Tesla fans in India – entry plan put on hold
Tata Motors reveals Avinya, a concept electric car with 500 km range
Ola, Pure EV and Okinawa recall nearly 6,700 electric scooters after Nitin Gadkari’s warning and continued fire accidents
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- A boomer grandma advises on how to set boundaries with millennial kids when it comes to babysitting
- India's best relaxing holiday spots for peaceful retreats
- Inter-ministerial approval board can permit demarcation of non-processing area under IT sector SEZs
- Winter wellness: 10 Amla recipes to embrace this season
- ‘Confident’ Indians might splurge on big-ticket items in 2024
- Tata Power stock zooms ahead after brokerage on upgrade