Elon Musk dashes hopes of Tesla fans in India – entry plan put on hold
Teslahas reportedly put its India entry plan on hold.
- The company reportedly did this because it failed to secure a deal for lower tariffs.
- The company has reportedly reassigned its domestic team and abandoned the search for a showroom.
AdvertisementIn disappointing news for Tesla fans in the country, the
According to a Reuters report, Tesla has put its plans to sell its electric cars in India on hold. The company has reportedly stopped searching for showrooms in the country and reassigned its domestic staff.
Earlier this year, Elon Musk in response to a question on Twitter regarding its Indian entry had revealed that the company is “facing a lot of challenges with the government.”
Tesla has expressed its interest to enter the Indian market. The company has even received approval for four models in August 2021 and three models in December 2021 in India.
The Elon Musk-led company has been negotiating with the Indian government for some time now. The company had urged the government to slash import taxes on electric vehicles, which would enable it to import its cars in the country.
The Indian government levies a 60% import tax on electric vehicles priced $40,000 or less, and a 100% tax on vehicles priced above $40,000. Considering that
According to the report, Tesla had hoped for concessions from the government in the Union Budget. After the government did not announce any concessions, the company had reportedly put on hold its plans to sell cars in the country.
According to recent reports, Tesla has decided to make Indonesia its manufacturing hub after its plea to reduce import tariffs was declined by the Indian government.
Earlier today, Elon Musk revealed that the $44 billion Twitter acquisition of Twitter has been put on hold.
Tesla is facing a lot of challenges in entering the Indian market, says Elon Musk
Elon Musk puts $44 billion Twitter deal on hold over fake accounts
Corporate VPNs will reportedly not be affected by the new VPN guidelines in India
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns