Adani Group acquires franchise in UAE T20 League
Licensed by the Emirates Cricket Board, the UAE T20 League will be an annual event that will feature six teams competing in a 34-match event. Top players from all the cricket-playing nations are expected to be in the line-up of different teams.
The league will also provide a platform to upcoming cricketers. This will be the first major move overseas by Adani Sportsline that will "connect and engage with global fans" from across the cricketing nations.
"It is a proud moment for us to announce the Adani Group's association with the UAE's T20 League as a franchise team owner. This acquisition fits perfectly in the group of corporates who have already acquired franchise team rights in the league. The trust shown by the Adani Group augurs well for the league and we look forward to benefitting from their business acumen and working together to make our league successful," Khalid Al Zarooni, UAE's T20 League chairman said.
"We are excited to be part of the UAE T20 league," said Pranav Adani. "The UAE is an amazing amalgamation of several cricket-loving nations. It provides an excellent platform for enhancing the visibility of cricket as the sport goes increasingly global. Our presence here is also a great base for the Adani brand that is contributing significantly to the sports ecosystem in India through leagues such as boxing and kabaddi, and nurturing sporting talent at the grassroots level through the Garv Hai initiative," he said.
Reliance Industries Limited, Lancer Capital, GMR Group and Capri Global have acquired a team each in the UAE T20 League.
SEE ALSO: RIL tumbles nearly 4% on weaker than expected profits, slowdown in retail business and decline in Jio subscriber additions
ONGC is hiring to fill over 900 posts with a maximum salary of ₹98,000 per month
Snacks, health bills, electricity bills and more will add to your chunkier home loan EMIs
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- A man kept the same pair of contact lenses in for 3 years, causing permanent astigmatism and buildup behind his eyelids. His doctor said he's not responsible enough to wear contacts.
- Clarence Thomas wrote a scathing, nearly 50-page dissent about why the Supreme Court should have gutted voting rights
- Learning curve: Edtechs at a crossroad
- Stock markets flat in early trade: HAL, Kotak Bank in focus
- Top 5 places to visit in Goa
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced